Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pollyisms August-September

Pollyisms

Here are just a few of the many funny things that have came out of Ms. Polly's mouth lately

1. Polly wakes me up one morning and I ask her where her Dad is... She replies "he's sleeping in the cul-de sac". Where I ask??? You know the cul-de-sac.. Essie's in her cul-de-sac sleeping, and we are in your cul-de-sac sleeping. I said, cul-de-sac?, you must mean bed. "No" she says... the cul-de-sac.... Aunt Jackie calls it the "sac", she tells Jaxson to go get in the "sac". Love the way 4 year old's take everything so literally.
2. When coming up with some interesting stories. I ask Polly where she came up with a particular story. She remarks "It's been in my brain for centuries, that's a long time."
3. When I won't let Polly do or have something she really wants she frequently tells me that I'm treating her "like the kids in Africa" (who apparently don't have much). Nice, I love hearing out in public that "Mom, your treating me like those kids in Africa again". I'm such a mean mommy.
4. Polly has been figuring out what twins and triplets are. She told me a few weeks ago that when you have "6 kids it's called SEXTRIPLETS". Pretty close huh?
5. When I was apparently stressing my Poor Polly out over her need to help clean up a mess she made, she tells me that if I don't stop I'm going to give her a "neck stroke". What do you say to that?????


This was our little pet this summer. We had a blast cutting its hair, putting it in pig tails, etc.

Polly's First Day of Pre-School at Carson-Newman's Child Development Lab

My O' My-Can't believe She's such a big girl! 4 1/2 years old is ancient in Polly years.



1 comment:

  1. First day at school and all grown up! Where did our baby go?

    ReplyDelete