Tuesday, December 8, 2009

ALPS Holiday Tour of Homes

On Dec. 6th our house was one of 7 homes featured on the annual ALPS Charity Holiday Tour of Homes. ALPS is an amazing organization that benefits Alzheimer patients and their caregivers in our area. It was a big day at our house. I have been collecting Christmas Decor and ornaments for years and was excited to host the tour. I started putting up all the trees and decorating since early November. It all came together for the tour despite several basement renovation mishaps that I'll fill you in later. Oh yeah, I forgot the biggest mishap, the wonderful stomach virus I caught. I became horribly sick about 4am on the morning of the tour. God did provide and I was very blessed to have my husband fill in for me and my dear friend Brooke take over as the hostess with the mostest. Ruth and Mary of course worked their usual magic and somehow everything came off without a clitch. Some of the other homeowners stated that at least 350-400 people came through that day. I hated to miss it but I did get some much needed rest (thanks to lots of phenegran) at a local hotel. We also had a neighborhood progressive dinner at our house an hour after the tour ended and again my husband and sweet neighbors managed to pull it all together. Here are some pics from around the house. At final count, I think we had 22 Christmas trees!








The foyer



Dining Room






Santa Bathroom



Den






Kitchen



June Valentine from Lexington Ky made this sweet Father Santa out of left over curtain material. She did a great job making him blend in with my kitchen decor.

Garage Decorations- We have most of our parties here in the garage! Look Santa's on top of the "Shoe Mansion".
Garage


One of my favorite trees - "Snowflake"





Our Homemade Ornament Christmas Tree
this one looked a little better closer to Christmas when we had more time to make decorations


Outside (can't show anymore outside pics due for bloggin security)



This was a new tree for me this year. I've had many of the ornaments for years but just got it all together this year. One of my favorites. I love red and green!
Outside side door
Spare bedroom



This was a fun tree with crown ornaments.
Go cats!

Here's another Santa June Valentine made for us last year. Who knew Santa was such a big fan of the University of Kentucky.
Our new basement bathroom. You probably can't tell there is no toilet in this bathroom. We were planning on using the tree since we were from KY until it got really stinky! (just kidding- the toilet was somewhere in Iowa I think, far far from TN). We got it the day after the tour.


The basement was finished about 2 days before the tour! I was decorating around the plumber's and electricians, which was just a little stressful>

Go GATS!!!

Not many people here in orange country appreciated the Big Blue Tree



This painting reminds me of Essie because she is such a monkey and LOVES candy canes!
Master Bedroom & Bath












Playroom






Beach Tree


Polly's Froggie Christmas Tree Bathroom


Polly's Bedroom: Pink & Green Galore!












Music Room
I think this white flocked tree was most people's favorite. It was definitely the hardest to decorate because of the thin branches.








Essie's Candy Cane Bathroom- Essie has eaten probably 25 pounds of candy canes this Christmas Season!!! She has even gotten proficient about tearing the wrappers off them!








Essie's Bedroom






Upstairs Hallway



Sunroom
We went with a Noah's Ark Theme Here





June Valentine from Lexington Ky made this special Father Santa for me to match my curtains and room theme. Notice the sweet verse on the bottom of his gown....

It's kinda hard to see in this pic but 20 or so animals are marching up two by two to the ark on the top of the tree.
WELL THAT'S IT! IT WAS FUN BUT GLAD ALL THE DECORATING IS OVER AND WE CAN ENJOY THE REST OF THE CHRISTMAS SEASON!




No comments:

Post a Comment